Tuesday 10 January 2017

Emoji Book Tag

Hello everyone! It's good to come back to the blogging community - we've been inactive for the past week or so, because of Lunar New Year festivals. We've never joined a book tag before, and this is new and exciting for us. Thanks to Uma @ Books.Bags.Burgers for tagging us. :) This tag was created by InkBonesBooks.

A quick explanation of how this tag works: You pick your top 5 most used emojis and match them to any books with an explanation why you associated that emoji with your book(s). Here it goes:


The Smiling Emoji

  😃😃😃😃😃

We use this emoji all the time. Whenever we're happy, this is the go-to emoji for us. This is a book that makes us happy whenever we read it. OK, it's a series, but still.

                         
The Lady Grace Mysteries

We were obsessed with this when we were younger and whenever we re-read it - even though we know EVERYTHING that's going to happen - it makes us so happy. We will never forget the moment when we realised that the series is ordered in alphabetical order - we felt just like Lady Grace when she solves  a mystery!

                                                       Smiling Heart Eyes Emoji

😍😍😍😍😍
Pretty self-explanatory emoji. Here are 2 series we love. They have amazing characters, amazing writing, an amazing plot and basically everything we love. The Winds of Winter (Book #6 in Song of Ice and Fire) could come out this year!

Illuminae Files & A Song of Ice and Fire

The Loudly Crying Emoji

😭😭😭😭😭
Here is a book that turns us into a weeping mess. It's so bittersweet we can't help but love it. We think  Stardust is Neil Gaiman's best work, even though it's not as highly regarded as his other works. It's like an extended fairy tale - it's beautiful. 
Stardust

The Stuck Out Tongue Emoji

😛😛😛😛😛
The 'I'm just kidding' emoji is one we use a lot. We'll associate it with a book that made us laugh so much it hurt. Every book in the series is funny, but the first one holds such good memories for us.

The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole, Aged 13¾ 


Animal Emojis

😺🕊🙉🐶🐺🐱🐭🐹🐯🐼🐙
We just love using all sorts of animal emojis (no order to it) to make a conversation more colourful. These are books with animal leads that we love. These are both timeless classics that we read as kids and we will never, ever forget them. 

Black Beauty & Charlotte's Web





This was a lot of fun. The people we'd like tag in the Emoji Book Tag are:


We hope you join :)









16 comments:

  1. Oh yay, thanks for tagging me! I'm terrible at actually getting around to doing tags though, so don't hate me if it takes me forever lol.

    I love the covers for the Lady Grace Mysteries. And how cute that they're in alphabetical order. I would also be excited to discover that! I haven't read any of these, but Stardust sounds interesting and I like books that make me emotional, so I'll check that out :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries Kristen :) Lady Grace Mysteries is actually so cute. A few of these choices for the Emoji Book Tag are books we read as kids that just never seem to leave us. Yes, we absolutely love Stardust!

      Delete
  2. I love this Tag! Why haven't I seen it before? I really want to do it sometime this weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see you do the tag Rita :) Yeah, this tag was heaps of fun - it's our first one!

      Delete
  3. YAY! you did the tag :) This was my first ever tag too ! And I love your choices! I loved black Beauty a lot too <3 and I NEED to start reading Illuminae cause the entire world thinks so :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is cute! I overuse emojis in chats and on Twitter and other social media. My #1 most used emoji would probably be the heart-eyes emoji. Recently, Caraval by Stephanie Garber would get all the heart-eye emojis - I loved that book. <3

    Great post, ladies! Have a wonderful week. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome picks! Glad you participated!

    I've nominated you two for The Mystery Blogger Award. You can find out more here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your picks were amazing too. Yep, we've participated in the Mystery Blogger Award as well. Thanks for nominating us! <3

      Delete
  6. I NEED to read Illuminae!!! I have it on my shelves since Summer for my birthday but have yet to pick it up. I guess I'm intimidated by the size of it. Anyway, great tag!
    Genesis @ Latte Nights Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Genesis! Illuminae is shorter than it looks though, since some pages have images and so forth - it's not all words. :)

      Delete
  7. This is such a fun book tag! I will have to file this one for later use. I really need to get back into Illuminae because it really is a fantastic series. I love your responses. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! <3 Yes, Illuminae really is amazing - can't wait to read your review of Gemina if you should review it :):):)

      Delete
  8. What fun! Love your picks girls! :) Emoji is something I tend to totally overdo ALL THE TIME.

    I really need to read Illuminae and I really, really hope The Winds of Winter DOES come out this year. Fingers crossed!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Can't wait for you to read Illuminae, we love it so so so so much! <3<3 Don't think we know anyone who doesn't overdo emojis, it's just something that adds so much character to an online conversation. Thanks Di!

      Delete
  9. Love this tag and I love your picks!!! I've just discovered your blog and I adore it!

    I really need to read Illuminae! I've heard such great things about it but I haven't gotten around to checking it out yet!!!

    - Tyra
    tyrasbookshelf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tyra! You should try this tag, it's heaps of fun. We're never going to stop saying this, but YES, read Illuminae! We love it! <3

      Delete